Awning Windows Installation in Orem
Providing Professional Replacements Throughout Salt Lake, Utah, & Carbon Counties
Awning windows are an excellent addition to a room when you wish to add natural light and improved ventilation. Ideal for basements and first-floor bathrooms, these special windows help can enhance a dark and stuffy space by allowing the opportunity for sunlight and cool breezes. JDI Windows provides fast and easy awning window installation and replacement services for customers in Orem and beyond. Whether your awning window is damaged and needs an upgrade or you wish to add an accent piece to your home setup, our licensed professionals can get the job done. With years of combined experience, you will not want to get your windows installed with anyone else.
Dial (385) 233-6457 or make a request online for a free estimate for awning window installation and replacement services. We respond quickly and can handle most jobs on the same day.
What Are Awning Windows?
Awning windows are a style of crank-operated window with hinges at the top of the frame. This hinge placement makes the window swing outward from the bottom, saving on space. These windows are usually installed on the higher end of basement walls and bathrooms on the first floor. This allows for privacy while also bringing in natural sunlight and ventilation.
You can open an awning window by first unlocking the window and then turning the accompanying crank. As you turn it, the window will start to swing out until it reaches your desired angle. To close it, you simply turn the crank handle the other way. Awning windows are versatile and can be installed anywhere in your home you find convenient while still maintaining safety and security.
Trust JDI Windows for Quality Awning Window Installation & Replacement
If you are ready to replace your awning window or add some to your new or existing home, you can count on our team of licensed window installation experts. Start by booking an appointment for a free estimate. You’ll be under no obligation to buy and we won’t pressure you into making a purchase. We want to be your trusted window installer across Salt Lake, Carbon, and Utah counties and will do whatever it takes to ensure you are pleased with our service.
Call (385) 233-6457 or contact us online to get started with your awning window installation or replacement in Orem and surrounding cities.
the Benefits of Working with Our Expert Team
Quick Response Times
Hands On, Personalized Service
Free, Same-Day Estimates
Quality Windows, Fair Prices
Benefits & Drawbacks of Awning Windows
As mentioned, awning windows are popularly used in bathrooms and basements because of their convenience, but for others, they may not be a good fit. Check out these pros and cons and weigh them before considering awning windows for your home.
Some benefits include:
- Space saving: Because it opens outward, it’s great for smaller spaces as a space saver.
- More light and air: Even in the tightest of spaces, they provide light and air.
- Rain-resistant design: Since it opens outward at an angle, you can enjoy the benefits of rainy weather without any of the wetness.
- Eliminate steam: For awning windows installed in bathrooms, you can easily get rid of steam from a hot shower by cranking it open.
- Increased security: Due to its position, latching system, and crank operation, it would be hard for intruders to sneak in through this type of window.
Some of the drawbacks are:
- Open space needed: Awning windows will not be able to function correctly if there are outdoor items and pieces of property blocking them.
- More cleaning: These windows typically need to be cleaned more often.
We feel the benefits of awning windows far outweigh the downsides. If you want a low-maintenance window that improves airflow, reduces energy costs, and allows you to enjoy fresh air any time of the year, it’s a great add-on.